Thursday, January 28, 2010

Think and grow rich, Napoleon Hill

My grandson Joel was born with a condition known as the Treacher/Collins Syndrome AKA TCS. Part of his face was not finish during pregnancy, a mutant kind of gene. One of his disabilities is that he only has 5% of the outer ear and can only hear with a device placed on the surface of the skull, eventually it will be implanted in the bone, that device transport sound through the bone allowing him to hear. The discovery of that device was actually made by Napoleon Hill working with his deaf son. Very similar experience depicted in the movie “Children of a Lesser God”
I have read Think and grow rich many times and, the first time I was totally infuriated by it I would have burn the book if it wasn’t so expensive. And as I persisted with it wanting to discover the “secret” within these pages I eventually discovered the “secret” within me. Then and only then was I able to put the book to rest. Well not totally, every so often just like Wally’s book SOGR I read passages here end then.
Today at 62 I wanted to retire from my job and I have not the way I thought I would, and at the same time nor really knowing this the bridges are burnet I cannot go back to what I use to do. I had a work related accident; I was put into temporary disability. This allows me to redirect my effort toward what I always wanted to do and slowly the plan is coming together. After surgery and months of physio I was sent back to work on temporary basic just to see what would happen. Well I didn’t last the week and was again put on temporary disability. It was then that I realized that the bridges are burnt I can never go back and I am very happy about it.
I am now totally immersed in my project focusing intensely on it and making it happens. The Universe provided a most needed assistant with a strong dream. Now I need to find someone to help with the marketing and promotion. All in time.
On another notes. When I started to create the desire to retire from my job, you see I had one of those high tech job where there is no one trained to replace me, now they have no choice. Using the process of the One Command I ask to retire from my job and keeping my income. Well I did didn’t I? Next time I will be more precise on what I want and ask accordingly. I have no regrets all the same; just I could have done without the physical pain and all that goes with it. And I am happy about it all the same for me the result is worth the effort.
Share/Save/Bookmark