Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pursuing Happiness VS. Practicing Happiness

To “pursue” was not to chase after but to “practice” to make a habit of, according to Tomas Jefferson. Happiness in any situation following any emotional ups and down, in sadness and in health, richer or poorer, for the better or the worse, where did I hear that before? Getting up in the morning happy no reason no excuses, just happy. There is a difference in between waking up happy or waking up considering being happy or not according to outside influences. Even when experiencing emotions of sadness, anger, frustration or even fear and still experiencing that felling of peace and well being.
In her book “Happy for no reason” Marci Shimoff, state
• “Less than 30 percent of people report being deeply happy.
• Twenty-five percent of Americans and 27 percent of Europeans claim they are depressed.
• The World Health Organization predicts that by 2020, depression will be second only to
heart disease in terms of the global burden of illness.”
We’re able to built amazing structure, survive devastating disaster, combat killing bugs, send men to the moon and back knowing exactly how much fuel it will take, and with all of this we haven’t being able to teach how to be happy all the time?!? Puzzling!
We can be happy or we can be depressed, very straight forward, we can be happy for bad reason, any addiction will do, we can be happy for good reason, healthy experiences like birth of a child, winning the lottery, or we can be happy for no reason, and there we live from happiness instead of for. Get it?
Happiness is like a thermostat when it’s too cold just turn it up and warmth happen the same goes the other way. Psychological research show that we have a happiness set point what ever happen we always return to that set point. Studies of people winning big money at the lottery, returned to their original happiness set point within 6 to 12 months. And the same results take place after very difficult case of accidents after a period of time people have regain their happiness set point. What exist within is and that’s that, practicing a higher level of happiness that’s what is needed to create a life of peace and joy no “matter what”. It’s a decision, accepting to adapt to a new level of function. Back in the 80’s I was working in the high arctic, right away I found many things to complain about, life was not very good, first the sun would never set and I cursed against being awake at 4 am thinking it was 4pm. One night laying there I thought ” this is not going to work I have to do something about this” The thought came that I could “accept” being here and enjoy the surrounding discovering the beauty. I fell asleep walking up the next morning and it was like a whole new place. And for the next 8 month I experienced joy and happiness like never before, I would wake up cheerfully every morning seat outside and just look around taking it all in. We sent our employees back home every six weeks; instead of going home I brought my wife for a week I wanted to share this with her. I have relived those 8 wonderful months many time since, in my mind. Practicing everyday to be happy will eventually bring you to living in happiness instead of for it.
In the past few years I have personally used a technique called The One Command. I encourage you to investigate. It is bringing me closer and closer to my life goals and already I have witnessed great success because of it. Visit my link. http://tocleaders.com/bernardt/
Or e mail me tritz.bernard@gmail.com
By phone 250 658 6703
Cheers and best of everything.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment