Monday, March 15, 2010

Zorba the Buddha???

Power house in today’s book review. Who’s this guy Osho?, where is he from ? Why I haven’t heard of him before? And many more questions. Remind me of hiking high up over 10,000 ft where the oxygen become depleted and deeper and longer and it become harder and harder, the higher we go , each breath is a great effort. Then we come back down and suddenly breathing become easy and refreshing and energizing. So it is with this book a real supply of much needed oxygen.
This morning I am discovering things that are innate, that were always here within and trying to conform, again that word, I allow for outside influences to dictates my way of life. Many light bulbs came back on today as I read the notes.
Zorba the Buddha, what a wholesome, handsome picture. All my life, or at least as far as I can remembered, I know that picture I always wondered if this proper balance could be aver achieved, could I be myself all the time, and at the same time be at the right place at the right time? Meaning be in the flow.
Love the paragraph on discipline. I was exposed to real discipline when I join the army, marching to my own beat, became a real challenge. Forced to march to the army beat pretty took the life out of me, I tried hard to adjust and the worst it get. When I was left to my own I performed admirably, the army does not condone individualism unless it serve its purpose. I was doomed from the very start. So I finished my 7 year contract and ran away from it as fast and as hard I could. I do have my own self discipline and I get things done efficiently and proficiently. Off course I had my ups and downs learning self discipline and I did it and I am very happy the way things are. When I am committed, I am committed not two ways about it; I can also adjust when needed. Don’t need anybody tell me what to do. Or how to do it. If I don’t know I will ask. I love self discipline and I am baffled by people that need to be told what to do every minutes of the day. Puzzles me.
When growing up I was told many times to be like this one or this one and to me that was total aberration, although I didn’t not understood the process. I can I be someone else when I am so busy being myself? There is people I admire although I was great respect I cannot bring myself to be them, don’t work. I learn from people all the time, I Cherish the time spent with them, and that’s as far as it goes. Imitating I might at time just to see how it feels and so far it’s always been disappointing, it’s not me. I am so glad to read this today because deep down I knew I was right being myself. No so now but when growing up I questioned myself frequently, why can I be like everyone else? The answer? There is too many of them already so I am different. Great stuff.
Self expression is another one of those “quality” that need to be promoted. And I am a fervent supporter of it. For 15 years we were foster parent for kids that no one else wanted. One of the thing we would tell the kids was however it is you want to express yourself it OK we will sort it out latter. Better being free than being politically correct. This way we were able to listen and understand more than the words. And it always sorted itself out, great things happened during those years, great things.
This is the sprinkles on this already great tasting cake, “Man is not born perfect. He is born incomplete, he is born as a process. He is born on the way, as a pilgrim. Reading this propels me into space totally, unreservedly, I am totally free and loving it. There is no need for me to explain anything further, if you don’t get it go fry yourself an egg well done.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment