Friday, March 26, 2010

What is "failure"?!? And what to do with it

We’ve heard many stories of “failures”, from scientist in research, to inventors in developing new ideas, sports figures, business people, many, many experiences of “failures” in as many individuals that try anything. It seems that there is a correlation between impending success and “failure”. Just like in every journey we can count on encountering stumbling blocks and speed bump, so it is in anything we are going to meet lady “failure” at one time or another.
When this happen, we have a choice between two possibilities.
1. We can quit and then find excuses for why it didn’t work. Most time blaming external influences.
2. We can carry on and find excuses to give us courage to try again. Learning from what didn’t work and find different ways to make it work. Sometimes choosing that path can actually direct us toward something all together different than what we first plan to achieve. To get to the goal is what’s important how to get there seems to be of no choice to us.
Making friend and embracing “failure” is the best way to find what works and what doesn’t, giving us all we need to achieve our goals. We all experiences ups and downs, time of success and time of failure. Doing what we thing is best and carry on until something happen, courageously, sturdily, and continuously. There is no hot without a cold, opposite are part of life and necessary to a great and rewarding life. Coming to term with “failure” is a must to achieve success.
A few quotes from celebrities that understood the process.
Here’s what Michael Jordan, one of the greatest athletes *ever* has to say about failure: “I’ve missed more than nine thousand shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” (That’s from a Nike commercial. It’s strong. Check it on the site.)
Robert F. Kennedy tells us that: “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
And David Viscott tells us that: “In the end, the only people who fail are those who don’t try.”
What’s YOUR relationship to “failure”?!?
Have you made peace with it and gone so far as to see it as a necessary part of doing anything, let alone achieving greatness?
Well I don’t know about you, I am going to see if I can fail again in a project dear to me. Sorry, I am not setting myself for failure instead I am planning for success, allowing for learning experiences along the way to teach me the right way of doing things, How about you want to join in?
Check this out, http://tocleaders.com/bernardt/ here you will find the help necessary to shape your success and learn how to deal with “failure”
You can also contact me personally
250 6586703
Or email tritz.bernard@gmail.com
Take care
Bernard
PS Another great site if you are looking for something extra to do.
http://morelifeforall.successin10steps.com/?mad=35388
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment