Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How responsible are we?!?

Have you watched the news? I mean really watch and implicating yourself within the stories? Crime, murders, wars, bombing, destruction, greed, fear, desire for power and on and on.
Witnessing this from a distance and being totally detached of responsibilities and outcome is dysfunctional collectiveness. And as a member of this society we are individually responsible for the outcome. It is time we seriously start to consider our involvement and recognize our individual actions as part of the whole result and own it. Only then can the situation changes, it is up to each one of us to claim responsibility for what is happening in the world.
Scientific research proved that it only takes the square root of 1% of the population to create a change. That’s 100 volunteers per 1 million people. “If you can find one person among then I will not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah”…
The great tradition has named this dysfunction of the mind. Christianity of the western world call it “sin” and also point into the direction of “salvation” or “enlightenment” in the eastern beliefs. Whatever our individual beliefs are we all know what the answer is. What needs to take place is for us to embrace fully the role that we are playing in the production called “life”. Only then can change take place.
To recognize one’s own insanity is, of course, the arising of sanity, the beginning of healing and transcendence. Eckhart Tolle. A new earth.
We all have our own beliefs and act accordingly; we might attend religious ceremonies, go the church, one a week, and then resume our everyday life full of controversies going against our beliefs. Expressing our feelings of hate, anger, frustration toward anyone in our way. Our level of spirituality as nothing to do with what we believe, but everything to do with our state of consciousness and that’s what determines how we act toward each others. Taking the time to ponder the facts will bring to light our own responsibilities and allow us to bring about the changes we like to see in our society and in our world, back to us individuals.
Haven is not a place somewhere out there, it’s a realm of consciousness. By transforming our human consciousness will bring about change in the physical world.
Ego is no more than this: identification with form. Which primarily means thought forms. If evil has any reality-and it as relative, not an absolute, reality- this is also its definition: complete identification with form- physical forms, thoughts forms, emotional forms. This results in a total unawareness of my connectedness whit the whole, my intrinsic oneness with the Source. This forgetfulness id original sin, suffering, delusion. When this delusion of utter separateness underlies and governs what I think, say, and do, what kind of world do I create? To find the answer to this, observe how humans relate to each other, read history book, or watch the news on TV tonight. From A new Earth Eckhart Tolle.
This really need to be reflected upon. The reason for so much suffering in the world “MY” My car, my house, my toys, my, my, my. Just imagine for a minute that someone’s watch was stolen, somebody’s car was wrecked, someone else’s wife cheated on them. Unfortunate but not a big deal, right? Now imagine that “my” watch was stolen, “my” car was wrecked, “my” partner cheating on me. Take on a whole new meaning doesn’t it?
Life will give us the most helpful experience we need for the evolution of your consciousness. How do we know it’s the experience we need? Just because it is the one we are having now. Byron Katie says “ how do I know the wind should blow? It is blowing now” And she adds “when I argue with reality, I lose but only 100% of the time” Powerful stuff indeed.
The stronger the judgment of someone else’s action, the greater the mirror image there is. When I strongly dislike something in another it points out to my shortcoming. Carl Yung call it “the shadow” Coming to the realization of our own fault, by looking at others, and then bringing about the change that need to take place is the beginning of the change that in turn will take place in the whole human race. If I am annoyed when people express greed or anger or anything that I identify in them, I need to look at myself and own the same faults or qualities, yes it works both way. Powerful, uplifting exercise. Give it a try next time and see what happen.
We cannot choose external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond. Epictetus in his Enchiridion.
There is nothing good or bad, but what we make it. Hamlet.
Are you victim of your circumstanced, or do you realize that you have the power to choose how you respond to a situation.
With all my love.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment