Thursday, February 25, 2010

The first 30 days Ariane De Bonvoising

Eight year ago we were traveling westward, looking for a place that offers similar jobs and the right place to settle down and eventually retire to. Seven years ago I was offered a job on the west coast on Vancouver Island, the perfect place the perfect job. Although I enjoy the comfort, I always stretch for changes, my adventurer personality allow for me to seek new ventures, new places to explore new and better things. And somewhat a the same time a part of me refuse the changes, stay put it says, that little voice hardly wins, the other one is much stronger. Our former life was quite good, beside the mortgage for the house we had no debt. Then we moved and that started a whole new life style. First of all, after many promises my wife could not find a job equal to what she was doing before. Thus our revenue was pretty well cut in half, and that would be ok if our expenses stay the same but they soared. After 3 years it as obvious that she would not find a similar situation so she decided to start her own business, organic soap making, the old fashion way. A year of research and trying she found the secret of making 50 and 60% pure shea butter soap. There is nobody anywhere that can do that. She also formulated different skin care products and cream with shea butter. It was a still is an uphill venture but worth every penny invested. It seems that not until we were able to accept the changes that was thrown at us, and work with it, that we were able to work ahead. The future is very promising. More changes are taking place in our life and yes something we grow a bit tired, all together we are open to new things and for me it’s quite exiting what is coming next. “The Change Guarantee: Every change we experience always brings something positive into our lives. It may not be obvious immediately, but it ALWAYS does”.
Yes indeed I never looked at it this way but reading this just brings a whole new way of looking at the process of change.
And the little demons, here they are doubt and impatience these are my companions and I should say that since I started practicing daily meditation they are not as strong as they used too. Oh they are here alright, it’s more like the notes put it, part of the guidance system, yes I like that paying attention that’s what it’s all about, accepting everything as part of the process. I remember when we were traveling through France we acquired a GPS for practicality. Every so often we decided to change our course to go visit something or a place that we were driving by. At that point the GPS would start talking and say “please find a place to turn around you are going the wrong way” And it would do that continuously. The funny part is that my wife starts arguing with it. Just like our demons hey they are there to as indicators, and we decide the course to take. Admirable, I love it. This revelation is going to make things a lot easier from now on. And just like the GPS if the voice become disturbing just hit the off button for a while. Or reprogram the GPS for alternative routes.
The other good point and I know we came across that one before, is to accept the presence of fear. I have noticed that when practicing extreme sports like rock climbing for example or white water rafting is another one. Fear is present, as an indicator, a safety valve I think. Making sure all is secure and well usually tones down the fear. When teaching rock climbing I had student letting go of their breakfast just before the climb. When this occurs I tell them that it is a normal reaction not to worry I knew that this person will make it. I was more concern with the dare devil, no apparent fear they are usually the one we had to rescue half way up the climb. In places, fear is a good thing to have. Whenever I find myself I situation like that I always have a certain apprehension, or fear, of what could go wrong, and it always served me well. Thanks to this exercise, I am now comfortable with fears around.
One of my climbing friends was just like that fearless always stretching the limits. One time due to his carelessness he fell 120 ft down the raging Sunwapta falls in Jasper Park. A whale of a ride. Came out of it shaken up unhurt .Made four different news paper and all kinds of articles. Guess what? After that he now face fears and find him limited to city life. Has done any climb or even hikes ever since. Maybe I send him the notes….
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment